02 June 2009

two in one

So I am combining Monday and Tuesday

Monday
We of course had classes and it was trying of course. It wouldn't be class with out some difficulties. ha. After class, I stayed around and worked on some homework. Then I went to get dinner with a couple of friends at a Russian restaurant. It was really good even though I just got a salad. Normally I eat at home with Nina, but tonight was different because we had somewhere to be at 7 that I could not miss...President Uchtdorf and Elder Anderson were coming to speak. So we definitely all went to that. The talks were amazing. Both Sister Uchtdorf and Anderson spoke. Sister Anderson spoke in Russian and it was really amazing how much effort she put into that talk and how nervous she must have been. I can relate. Sister Uchtdorf was a very happy person. She was just very spunky. haha. I know that sounds weird but it is true. She spoke and English and had a translator like Elder Anderson and President Uchtdorf. The talks were amazing and so helpful. Since I don't understand church it has been hard to get spiritually uplifted. This was just what I needed. Afterwards I was able to shake President Uchtdorf's hand. He is such an amazing man, and you could definitely feel the love he has for the people of the church. AMAZING. Also it was so nice to see the love between President Uchtdorf and Sister Uchtdorf. You can see how much they love each other.
After the conference, we went to McDonald's for ice cream. you can get a cake cone for 10 rubles...that is about 30 cents. ps. Again, I probably would have been better off not knowing that. I finally got home around 12, completely beat. (that is why I did not post yesterday, извините)

Today(Tuesday)
Today I class. One of my teachers really really frustrates me. and everyone in my class. oh well. It also probably didn't help that we were all exhausted from the night before. After class, Linsey and I worked on homework for awhile. a long while. It is ok. whatever. ahaha. After that a bunch of us girls had a nice vent session. It was fantastic, apparently a lot of us feel the same about a lot of different things. It was nice hearing that I am not crazy for feeling the way I do sometimes. I know this is ultra vague. I intended it to be. After that we left to go to an international movie (code for a movie in English) a library was showing. However some people got there before us and texted us to let us know the movie...a documentary on the electric chair. As fun as that sounded, we decided not to go. We just hung out instead. But all of us were still so tired that we left early to go home. I came home and had dinner. They had a liver something spread that you put on bread. I avoided that like the plague and stuck with my salad and chicken noodle soup.
note. i did not have ice cream today. be proud.

1 comment:

  1. can't say i've ever had liver spread...hmm. i've had garlic spread. I actually found my love of garlic in Russia. We'd always be getting a couple cloves from babushki we'd visit. But I still keep my distance cuz the smell stays with you forever.

    ReplyDelete