31 May 2009

Воскресенье

That is the word for Sunday ps. It also means resurrection so there you go.

Today I lounged around the house. I don't have church until 2. I think I like it.
I did straighten my room and get my new purse organized and goofed around, I might have some homework I need to do. Oops.

Today at church was good. I think. I did not understand anything really. I would stink at that what did you learn at church today game. Well I learn some church words like завеса which is veil. you guessed it. Today the Sunday School lesson was on план спасения (plan of salvation). Luckily they had a white board and were writing these terms down. Also they did the normal diagram so I got the gist. haha. Some people speak English so it makes it easier a bit conversation wise, but overall I have no idea what is going on. We skipped over useful church phrases in school. Hmm. It is really a great feeling not knowing anything.

After church, the nice missionaries from America seem to be worried about us so the elders gave us their number if we need anything or whatever. It was weird getting a missionary's number by the way, but better to call them than the police. ha.

Then some nice girls from church asked if we wanted to walk around with them. so we did. and much to our surprise we also signed up for a photo shoot. One girl really loved her camera so she would stop us and put us into poses and take our picture. If you see incredibly awkward pictures on facebook...of us looking confused or trying not to laugh, you know why. I guess it wasn't too bad but still hilarious.

Also. funny story. circus and church are very similar in Russian. Ashley thinks she has been telling her babushka that she has been going to the circus. She also told her babushka that her sister who is on a mission works for the circus in the Philippines. also hilarious.

So for dinner tonight I had scrambled eggs with tomatoes which I enjoyed but Nina also put out these little fish. I think they might have been anchovies. Basically the head was chopped off and everything else was left..even the tail. I avoided these, but Nina asked if I didn't like them, and I mistakenly said I hadn't tried one before. And she told me to try one. I did. Yikes. No worries I didn't eat the tail. It was really fishy. I don't think i will do that again. However, after she asked if I liked ice cream, ha do I like ice cream. I said yes. And she said that there is always ice cream in the freezer and to help myself!! It took 2 weeks for that to come out. Ice cream? really. I had some. On second thought, she probably shouldn't have told me.

2 comments:

  1. For a bit there, I thought she was going to tell you to put the fish in the ice cream. haha. I've heard of stories where new missionaries would mistakenly talk to people about the circus and not church. Tsirk and tserkov are close! I wonder if there is a circus in the Phillipeans...

    ReplyDelete