29 May 2009

hello.

Sorry I haven't posted the past couple of days. Nothing super exciting has been happening just school and homework really. Yesterday was a bit more exciting and that is what I will write about.

After school, Linsey, Ashley, and I found our way to the Pushkin Museum. There are actually 2 Pushkin Museums here. One for the writer and one that is an art museum. We went to the Art museum. It was 19th and 20th century European art. They had Monet, Cezanne, Van Gough, and Picasso. You know. It was really cool and fun to look at some art. I love those types of artists. The museum is right next to Cathedral of Christ our Savior which is huge and beautiful, but we didn't have our scarves with us so we couldn't go in. We got ice cream instead. All over Moscow they have ice cream stands. It is wonderful and horrible at the same time. On the one hand it is like the ice cream man is at every corner, if i want ice cream..i can get it. The bad thing is I eat it. Oh well. I walk enough. So we chilled and ate our ice cream.

Then we started walking down to see the Peter the First's memorial. It is this huge boat broze with a guy standing on it. Funny thing. It was originally supposed to be Columbus...but the American's didn't want to buy it. so the Sclupture changed the head to Peter the First's and sold it to the Russians. Funny thing. It is still on Columbus' body and he has on the weird Spanish attire Russians have never worn. It is pretty funny.

After that we got lost a bit. Not really lost but couldn't find a Metro lost. We ended up finding a metro...and mini-golf ..if we ever want to go. Although we walked forever trying to find the metro..see good-bye ice cream. The Metro was actually pretty close to my flat so we went there and hung out for a bit. We were exhausted. It is gettting hotter here so things are more tiring. Oh well.

anyway. I will probably post more on weekends and things since that is when I will be doing most of my site seeing, but I will still post some during the week too. So you just have to check all the time. Bot Tak (Russian for so there). ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment