22 May 2009

I know you want pictures...they will come...later

I slept in today!

It was great. No classes on Fridays..best idea ever.

Today I took my time getting ready and then left to meet some friends before we meet up with the bigger group. However, My friends went to one metro station and I went to another. In our defense, they have the same name. So I just sat in front of Lenin's Library before I needed to go meet the group. Some Russians from my university were going to show us around a couple of different places.

We first went to the Izmaylovo Kremlin. This is not the main Kremlin in Russia. Kremlin actually means fortress so there are a lot of old Kremlins in Moscow. It was really cool. It was old wooden buildings. We walked around there for a bit and also went to the Vodka Museum. There was a lot of Vodka there. We just kinda goofed off and relaxed a bit. It did start raining pretty hard so we stood under a covered bridge and just talked to wait out the rain.There is also a big market there on weekends so I will definately be back. We also looked at the shops and things nearby.



Good news mintue: Our facillitator arrived while we were waiting for someone to buy something and told us that schools in Russia need people to teach English, and our program coordinators would help us get set up teaching if we wanted. Bonus: they will pay us, around $13/ hour. Ha. It will be great. I am going to do. Right now we have a lot of free time so I feel like I am standing around alot. Plus i will only work however much I want. It will be great.

After the kremlin, we went on a walk. We walked through a nice green park to MGU, which is Moscow State University. It is so pretty and huge. We also walked to a spot that overlooked Moscow. It was cool to see it from up high and from a distance. Then we walked to a Metro station through another park. By this time it was 6:30 and we were all exhausted. I cam home and talked with Nina a lot before dinner. We talked about traditional food in the South. Ha. Try explaining grits some time. It is interesting. She gave me some Russian calat which was good. I'm sure what all was in it but it is a traditional food. I also had blini which are Russian crepes. My blini had meat in them. It was good.



Also, Nina said my Russian has gotten better this week. Miracle is the word she used.

Now I am just winding down. It is crazy how tired you can get from staying busy.
I love y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment