23 May 2009

ONE WEEK

I have officially been here one week. It feels like a month.

I got to sleep in again. Although sleeping in it like 8:30. I'll take it.

Today our director wanted us to come to his house, so he could check up on us and see how we were doing. His flat is huge so it was just nice to sit around and talk with one another, and just breathe. Plus it was really rainy today so none of us had a desire to go out and do much. (this morning Nina let me borrow and umbrella, and said Udachi -good luck, and kinda laughed.) We just chilled at his apartment. A lot of us watched Nacho Libre which is great and funny. Again I love being able to laugh out loud and no one care. ha.

We left and then went to the huge grocery store. I just got some water, but we met up with some other people in my group. We all wanted to go to a youth discotec night. It was 50's themed. Russian pseudo 50's music. It was great, and kinda hard to dance to. It was bouncy but techno-ish. yeah I can't even explain it. By this time, it close to nine and I was super tired. It is hard traveling with a big group because you are always waiting on someone. We started breaking up in the end which made things go faster.

I got home around 9:30. Nina got excited when I said I wanted to eat. I don't eat a lot so she was happy I was eating. We chatted some more and it was good. She was asking if I wanted new sheets and things like that. I said it didn't really matter, and she kinda laughed. I said I was easy going and she told me she had noticed. Ha. She said just let her know. I'm super tired again. I think I walk at least 3 miles a day maybe more. That is probably why I am tired at night.

1 comment:

  1. A 50's Russian discotec? Dang! That sounds like so much fun! Was it through the church?

    ReplyDelete