19 May 2009

higgledy-piggledy

Throughout my searches for translations of English words, I found the English word higgledy-piggledy. Now. What person in their right mind wants to know the equivalent for that in Russian, and more strangely...there is a Russian equivalent.

I guess to today was a higgledy-piggledy day. It means jumbled / confused. Focus on confused.


Today was the first day of classes.

No worries. I am in the lower level classes.

My first teacher, she teaches grammer, was nice. It was mostly painless. mostly. A couple times I couldn't pronounce some things and that was stressful. note: I can not read out loud in English, Russian is ridiculous. I still get shocked when people pull out Russian books on the Metro and read them.

My next teacher was a nice Russian teacher. That means he was blunt but smiled.
He first asked our class why we were not good enough for being in the other class. Pretty sure he called us lazy. Later he told me to practice reading because I am not good at it (see previous note.)

After class, we went to the hang out room and then to the store. I bought water and some crackers I saw a toddler eating at church (I figured they were safe)

We hung out most of the rest of the day doing homework and planning things to do. We are getting brave enough to start exploring tomorrow.

I came home and had borsht for the first time. I liked it. I also kept planning things. There is a possiblity I might be able to see a hockey game here. LOOK OUT.

I like writing this blog, but I would like to hear from the readers as well. Feel free to email me at Hollymgodwin@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. crackers a toddler was eating at church? haha, that's funny. way to err on the side of caution...haha. Hey, post some more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I remember feeling so disoriented when I went to Korea... and even though I thought I knew some Korean... it seemed like a whole new language when I got there. It sounds like you had the same shock. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete