31 May 2009

shopping.

yesterday we went to Izmaylovo market.
Linsey and I were looking for bigger purses because we hate having bookbags everywhere. Mainly because we look American and stand out, they are uncomfortable, and we are worried something will get stolen.
The market is really fun but kinda intense. People were pulling big carts with stuff on it, and had no qualms about running you over or pushing you out of the way. It was also huge. We walked everywhere. It is also kinda intense because you have people yelling at you to come by stuff. One guy was talking to me and i shook my hand no, and he actually grabbed it and would not let me go. Luckily with my pulling and Ashley's pushing, I made it. I also got attacked by man selling hats i was walking by not fast enough and he just grabbed a hat and put it on my head trying to sell it to me. HA. It was pretty cute.
We also went to a section of the market that had more souvenirs. It was way cool and we found some neat stuff. I bought a really cool ring that I am excited about.
It was also kinda cool to barter and stuff in Russian...even though it was really choppy. Although one guy said that we understood Russian well and that most people just come in and don't know any Russian. So that is something.
I also found some cool things for some of y'all. Be excited. I haven't bought it yet.
It was funny though after all that we still hadn't found a purse. So we went through the bigger market and found our purses right away. It was great. I feel like a spend a lot of money but really it wasn't a lot at all. like 15 bucks for my ring and purse. So. woohoo.

2 comments:

  1. You look good in hats, you should get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of purse did you get? not a gaudy Russian one, right? picture!! :)
    If you thought just walking through a rinok was crazy, try it when you are actually looking for something, like shoes, and trying them on...that's when it gets crazy. Cuz they do all this work to find your size and such...and then you say.."no, not really what I want" and leaving is tough cuz they keep trying to convice you. Ashley said you guys got some "I love you"s thrown out there as well. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete